About Us - Public Involvement
Founded on the belief that good business is more than just selling merchandise. Every year Advance Auto Parts serves millions of customers in thousands of stores across the United States, Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands. But our service leadership doesn't end there. It can be seen in store windows filled with JDRF sneakers, blood drives for the American Red Cross and Team Member donations to United Way. Because Advance is not just a company that sells auto parts – we are a company that cares. And together with our Team Members, customers and vendor partners, we have the power to give.
Since our company was founded in 1932, we have been guided by the following principles, known as the Advance Values:
- Inspire and build the self-confidence and success of every Team Member.
- Serve our customers better than anyone else – help them succeed.
- Grow the business and profitability with integrity.
These Values are not only the foundation for the direction of our business, but they guide us to act as a responsible corporate citizen. The program is guided by the Advance Values – Inspire, Serve and Grow – to act as a responsible corporate citizen. And while we understand that there are a variety of worthy causes in every community, to maximize our giving and make the greatest possible impact, Advance has chosen to focus our charitable efforts on serving Everyday Heroes in need through support of the following four impact areas:
- Health – Improving the health and wellbeing of others.
- Education – Helping people reach their potential by providing educational opportunities.
- Serving the underserved – Helping children and families to assure their critical needs are met through comprehensive, community-based programs, including those supporting our military.
- Disaster relief – Providing timely support to those impacted by disasters such as earthquakes, hurricanes, floods and other natural disasters.
To be an effective corporate citizen, Advance believes giving back must extend beyond corporate giving and into the personal lives of its Team Members. Whether it's volunteering at your child's school, organizing a local fundraiser or writing a check to your favorite charity, we strongly encourage our Team Member to give back to their community in whatever way feels right to them. Because the power of giving begins with the power of one – one person, one cause, one global community.