- January 2008 - Darren Jackson joins Advance Auto Parts as President and Chief Executive Officer.
- March 2008 - Under Darren Jackson’s leadership, the Company announces four priorities designed to transform the business - DIY Transformation, Commercial Acceleration, Availability Excellence and Superior Experience.
- Opened 109 new Advance stores and 18 new Autopart International Stores, bringing the total store count to 3,368.
- 2009 - Team Members, Customers and Vendor Partners raised over $3.8 million for Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, making Advance the #1 corporate JDRF partner
- Opened 75 new Advance stores and 32 new Autopart International Stores, bringing the total store count to 3420.
- October 2009- Advance Auto Parts launches new e-commerce website.
- December 2009 - Advance Auto Parts becomes the title sponsor of Monster Jam as well as the primary sponsor of the Grinder monster truck driven by Lupe Soza.
- 2010- Advance Auto Parts launches “Service is our best part” promise.
- Opened 3500th store in Westerly, Rhode Island
- October 2010- Advance Auto Parts is awarded full investment-grade status by Standard & Poor’s and Moody’s.
- 2010- Advance Auto Parts raises $4.8 million for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF), maintaining its status as the #1 worldwide corporate JDRF partner.
- 2010- Advance Auto Parts secures third consecutive year of double-digit Commercial comparable store sales growth
- January 2011- Advance Auto Parts named one of the 2011 Best Places to Work in Virginia by Virginia Business Magazine and the Best Companies Group.
- September 2011 - President Jim Wade elected to Board of Directors
- 2011 December - Advance Auto Parts celebrates its 10th year as a public company
- 2011 - Acquired DriverSide and MotoLogic to enhance Advance's eServices for Commercial Customers
- 2012 - Opened a new state-of-the-art distribution center in Remington, Indiana offering 20% more Skus and daily replenishment to local Advance Stores
- December 2012 - Acquired 124 B.W.P. Distbributors stores, enabling Advance Auto Parts to continue its expansion in the Northeast, which continues to be a strategic growth area for Advance.
- April 2013 - George Sherman joined Advance as President
- August 2013 - Opened 4,000th store in Montgomery, NY. This new store is located in the Northeast, a key geographic growth area for Advance and part of the Company's strategy to continue expanding its footprint.
- 2013 - Celebrated 20 year partnership with JDRF and $35 million dollars raised for diabetes research
- October 16th, 2013 - announced a definitive agreement to acquire General Parts International, Inc. (GPII), a leading privately held distributor and supplier of original equipment and aftermarket replacement products for commercial markets operating under the CARQUEST and WORLDPAC brands, in an all-cash transaction with an enterprise value of $2.04 billion.
- January 2nd, 2014 - announced the completion of the acquisition of General Parts International, Inc. (GPII). GPII was a leading privately held distributor and supplier of original equipment and aftermarket replacement products for commercial markets operating under the CARQUEST and WORLDPAC brands.
Advance now operates 5,297 company-operated stores, 105 Worldpac branches, and services approximately 1,400 independently owned Carquest branded stores in 49 states, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands and Canada. Advance employs over 71,000 Team Members.